Inside A Live Kickstarter Campaign: Part 1
With 15 days to go, Meme Defense has raised 36% of it’s campaign goal and it has 398 likes on Facebook. Most of the campaign money has come from Twitter at 22%.
- Feb 10th - Feb 14th: Most all of the pledges were from people I knew. I received a few pledges from Kickstarter’s Discovery and one from Kickstarter’s Search. At this point, I did very little marketing except tweeting. I announced music producer K-Murdock and gaming company Retro Style Games will be on the project.
- Feb 15th-16th: I started marketing Meme Defense on indie game forums. I put an ad out on Reddit. Zero pledges came from either site those days. I launched the alpha gameplay video here.
- Feb 17th-21st: Started marketing on Facebook and humor based forums geared towards memes. There was little to no response in the campaign, but Meme Defense got it’s first press
- Feb 22nd-now: Went to college forums and spread the word there. Announced the Android version. The pledges start to trickle in. More press
- Today: Announced that Meme Defense will be free. Even more press
An interesting aside resulting from the Kickstarter campaign, I’ve been approached by several interested parties in helping to market the game once it is live. I will keep you informed if anything comes out of those.
Stay tuned for part 2.Sharing is caring -
comments powered by Disqus